Process of the MARP Appeal
- Your appeal must be submitted by you in writing within 30 business days of the date of our letter that notifies you of any of the above decisions. You can use the Start Mortgages MARP Appeal Request Form when submitting your appeal, however if you would like to receive a copy of this form in the post, please contact our Customer Services Department on Lo Call 1800 818 000 or (01) 209 6300. Once completed, this must be sent to:
MARP Appeals Board
Beech Hill Office Campus
- Your Appeal request will be passed immediately to our Customer Services department who will manage the appeal from there. They will acknowledge your appeal within 5 business days of receipt and may also be in contact with you at that stage if they need further information from you or if they need to clarify anything with you.
- Once the Customer Services department has reviewed your case and gathered the necessary information, your appeal will be considered by our Appeals Board. This is made up of 3 people, none of whom will have been involved in your case before. Once they have considered your case they will come to a decision and we will issue a Final Response letter outlining their findings.
- We aim to complete our investigations and provide a response within 20 business days after we receive your Appeal Request. However, if we are unable to respond within the 20 business days, we will write to you to let you know when you can expect to receive our response.
- Should our investigation extend beyond the period of 20 business days, we are required to reach a decision within 40 business days and to write to you within 5 business days of that date. Should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your appeal, it is your right to refer your appeal to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman, contact details are given below.
Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman
Tel.: +353 (1) 567 7000
If you are unhappy with our treatment of your case under the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears (CCMA) or do not believe we have complied with the requirements of this code, please note that you have the right to make a complaint. You can call or write to our Customer Services Department using the contact details provided in the complaints process tab at the top of this page.